A base tan not only helps you feel more confident stepping onto the beach but it is a must to help protect your skin from burning. Unfortunately we have had very little UV exposure in the UK when it comes time to go on holiday, so it is important to have triggered the production of melanin prior to strong holiday sun exposure. It is important to still use sun cream once on holiday but you are less likely to burn.
- Aim to have a sun bed session at least twice a week while you are building your tan and then one session per week should maintain your tan.
- Use our professional tanning creams during your sun bed sessions- they really do work. Not only do they help you tan more quickly but they contain moisturisers formulated for use with UV light. Our staff are happy help you find the best cream for you.
- Drink plenty of water. Your skin quickly becomes dry if you are dehydrated and dry skin is more difficult to tan. The majority of us don't drink enough water.
- Moisturise your skin twice per day. It is important to keep your skin moisturised because this helps your skin tan much quicker and more deeply. Remember not to moisturise on the day of your tanning session just in case the ingredients react with the UV light, however it is fine to apply moisturiser afterwards.
- Use a tan extender in between sessions; not only do they contain great moisturisers but they also have a slight hint of colour. Tan extender is a good way to add slight colour to your legs which are often an area which is difficult to tan. We stock professional tan extenders and gentle bath products designed to be used in conjunction with sun beds and sunless tans.
- Remember to take time to enjoy your tanning sessions. Use your sun bed minutes as time away from hustle and bustle. Turn your mobile phone off and drift to a beach far away. This promotes a sense of wellbeing which in turn will enhance your golden glow.